Penoplasty refers to the surgical procedure that increases length, girth, or both the penile shaft and penile shaft.
Is penoplasty safe?
Penoplasty has been in practice for over 20 years. These procedures are safe if your surgeon has experience with them.
What happens in a penoplasty procedure?
Penoplasty is performed in a Hospital or clinic. Most cases require general Anaesthesia.
Your surgeon will need to remove a portion of the suspensory ligament to increase. This is the part that attaches the shaft to your pubic bone. The length gain is between 1 and 3cms (half inch to an inch and half). This length is most visible when the skin is flaccid. The lengthening of the erection is not noticeable or even visible.
Your surgeon will need to remove fat from areas that have it, such as your stomach and inner thighs, in order to increase your girth. The dorsal portion of the penile shaft is where this fat is transferred. Injecting 80 to 100mls of purified fat deep into the penile shaft’s subcutaneous layer is common. In both the flaccid or erection states, the girth increase is between 2 and 4 cm (1 and a 1/2 inches to 1 and a quarter inches).
What are penoplasty’s risks?
There are risks of lengthening your penis.
- Pain lasting approximately 10 days (abdominal painkillers can relieve it)
- A 4cm scar will be left in the pubic region (this will disappear within six months).
- Three weeks of swelling
- Antibiotics can prevent infections
- Bleeding, haematomas, and other bleeding conditions (which are often drained)
- Penis angle slightly higher when erect
Increased risk of growing penis girth through fat transfer
- The donor area is in pain
- Massage can prevent fat lumps
- Fat resorption (depending upon the technique used this can vary between 5 and 25%).
- Foreskin tightening ( Phimosis) to prevent fat from getting under the skin
Patients must have realistic expectations for both sides of the treatment.
How long is it to recover from penoplasty surgery?
- rest two weeks
- For four weeks, avoid the fitness
- Wait six weeks to have sex
Are there non-surgical options?
Non-surgical options include injections of Hyaluronic Acid. The filler procedure is performed in the clinic under local anaesthesia and takes about half an hour. The number of injections required depends on the size of your penis and how large you want it to be. It can also be done in one session or multiple sessions.
The filler is durable for 18 months and can be reverted. You can remove the filler if you are not satisfied with the results by injecting an enzyme
Next Steps – Getting a Quote
You can prepare your own budgetary quote by adding this procedure and emailing it to yourself. Prior to booking and to confirm suitability for this procedure you can request a firmquote here. A Taqtik Health consultant will assist you in obtaining medical confirmation from one of our surgeons, availability, and confirmed pricing with a list of inclusions.