What is teleconsultation?
Global Teleconsultations are available for most treatment categories. Regardless of your geographic location, teleconsulting gives the ability for a patient to collaborate remotely over a secure video with a top specialist to gain a second opinion on a diagnosis or prior to arrival at the destination.
How does our teleconsultation service work?
It’s simple, all you need is a computer, a smartphone, or an electronic tablet.
- You simply complete an online and secure teleconsultation request and specify your preferred day, time, hospital/clinic, and or surgeon (if known), otherwise, we will assign a top specialist based on your specific request.
- patient navigator will confirm availability with the surgeon and/or propose an alternate time. Your surgeon will review your medical file in advance of your discussion.
- You receive a link to access to connect via mobile, tablet, or desktop to your surgeon and have a 1:1 discussion. This is your opportunity to ask your surgeon anything you want.
- On completion, you will then receive the surgeon’s recommendations, confirmed pricing, and a copy of your video transcript.
- What are the advantages of teleconsultation?
Teleconsultation services offer you many advantages:
- Remove the barrier and concern of traveling overseas for surgery by selecting your surgeon in advance
- Priority waitlist and check-in on the day with no need to do a pre-consultation on arrival avoiding surgeon and traffic delays and jet lag on arrival
- Speak directly and confidentially 1:1 with your surgeon and get personal feedback and confirmed pricing.
- Health Teleconsultations can be tax refundable if you have a health or flexible spending account or as long as the physician or specialist consulted is licensed in their jurisdiction.