Oncology (Cancer treatment)
A treatment for cancer
A cancer diagnosis can be a traumatic experience for anyone, but it doesn’t have to be a death sentence. Recent advances in medical technology have allowed for many types of cancer to be reduced or eliminated entirely. But cutting edge medical treatments that could make all the difference in recovery and life expectancy are not always available or accessible to everyone. Oncology tourism (oncology Services) or cancer treatment tourism has become a very important option for many cancer sufferers, because it offers treatments that may not yet be available or legal in their home country.
Some treatment cycles can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars in the United States, but those same treatments can cost much less depending on where they are performed. Also, it is common for some of the latest treatments to be unavailable in the U.S. pending FDA approval. When it comes to cancer treatment, waiting is just not an option for some people. That’s why oncology tourism (oncology Services) is a great choice for those patients who wish to undergo more experimental or newer treatments that may not be available yet in their home country.
- Targeted Therapy or Proton Therapy – blocks cell growth and spread of cancer
- Radiation Therapy – utilizes radiation to destroy cancerous cells
- Medical Oncology – general care and treatment as well as regular checkups
- Surgical Oncology – biopsy of tumors and other surgeries associated with cancer treatment
- Chemotherapy – uses pharmaceuticals to eliminate cancer cells
- Immunotherapy – reinforces natural immunity and cell function