Alarplasty can be used to reduce the size and shape of your nostrils. To create narrower and smaller nostrils, a small wedge-shaped portion of skin is removed. Combining rhinoplasty with alarplasty can make your nose look more beautiful and refined. Alarplasty is the only procedure to reduce the width of the nostrils. Alarplasty is a procedure that removes skin from the nostrils, closes the nostrils and makes them narrower. The incisions are made within the nose and are limited to the nose.
- Local anesthesia
- Make an incision at the nasal crease, or the mark site. Remove the tissue.
- Adjust the shape of your nostrils with sutures
Alarplasty after-operative care
- To reduce swelling, elevate the head
- Reduce swelling by avoiding salty foods for at least 1-2 weeks
- Stop alcohol two weeks after surgery
- One month later, follow up with your doctor
- Cleanse every day
- After surgery, take off stitches for seven days
- It will take 1-3 months for the wound to heal.
- Follow all instructions for post-operative care and attend all appointments.
Alarplasty: Risks and complications
- Redness, swelling, bleeding or infection may occur after surgery.
- Asymmetry nostrils
After a week, you can return to work. However swelling may persist for up to 1-2 weeks. For a few weeks, avoid strenuous exercise. You will see the final results in four weeks. Then, you can continue to improve your health for many months.
A Taqtik Health consultant can assist you in arranging your cosmetic holiday. You can complete an inquiry to receive more information on this hospital or request a firmquote with surgeon feedback.