Revision breast surgery is most commonly requested for reasons such as implant deflation, implants exchange (size or kind), capsular contracture and implant malposition. A capsule is formed around a breast implant as part of natural healing. Sometimes, the capsule can compress and tighten the implant, creating a distorted breast shape. It is a fact that these devices that make us look amazing, do not last forever. Revision surgery is intended to restore a more youthful and attractive contour.
When you experience breast pain, fever, redness or swelling, you may need an immediate breast revision surgery.
- A Silent Rupture – Usually happens when your saline implants have a rupture and the solution leaks into the tissues. You may not notice the rupture until two days later, when your breast automatically loose volume. If this is the case, you need an immediate breast revision surgery. On the other hand, if your silicon implant has a rupture, symptoms may present as changes in shape, breast lumps or capsular contracture. The silicone will not spill. This may require a periodic MRI in order to detect any issues with your implants.
- Visible Rippling – This happens when wrinkles and folds are visible on the skin however this is more common to occur with saline implants than with silicone ones.
- Asymmetric Appearance – there is always a pre-existing asymmetry in our breasts and a Breast Implants procedure aims to correct this.
- Capsular Contracture – A formation of a capsule (scar tissue surrounding any kind of implant) is normal in the healing process. However, a Capsular Contracture is a medical complication that causes implants to feel hard, look like rising up the chest, misshapen or appear tight. This usually occurs when old scar tissue forms around the implants. If this is the case, your Surgeon will recommend a Capsulectomy (Capsulotomy). This procedure removes part of the capsule (tough scar tissue) to correct and restore, for the new implants to be inserted.
Depending on the condition being treated, it can take up to two hours.
Although local anesthesia can be used and intravenous sedation can be used, general anesthesia is more preferred.
Depending on the patient’s preference, either.
Side effects possible
Initial signs of discoloration or swelling include changes in the breast sensation and nipple.
There are risks
There are risks associated with anesthesia such as adverse reactions, blood accumulation, bleeding, or infection.
Depending on the work, the patient should be able return to work in seven to ten working days. You should take extra care to protect your breasts for at most one month following surgery.
It depends on whether the patient is saggy or breast-laughing after having children or losing weight. Stable in general. However, breast size and shape will change with age and gravity.
Cost of Breast Revision
Costs of breast revision surgery can vary based on surgeon fees, anesthesia used, inpatient (hospital) or outpatient (day surgery), implant type, method of insertion, and package inclusions. Please ask your consultant for verification on what is/is not included.
Related Breast Procedures
Other common breast procedures include;
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation with fat graft
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision
- Male Breast Reduction
We are here to assist you with your journey. We recommend you make an inquiry and request a firmquote . This will ensure you receive a detailed cost breakdown of your procedure, with surgeon feedback. We do not charge you for this service. Our consultants are very experienced with all our partners and can answer any questions you may have.