Meet Orthopedic Surgeon Dr Yong Chee Khuen
|Speciality||: Orthopaedic Surgery|
|Clinic||: Orthopaedics & Spine Centre|
|Location||: 2A, Level 2|
|Language(s)||: Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mandarin|
Certification & Qualification
- MMC FR Number: 33246
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India, 1996
- Post Graduate Clinical Training
- Advanced Arthroscopic Shoulder workshop, University of Miami School of Medicine, United States of America, 2005
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty, University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, 2003
- Fellowship in Orthopedic Trauma and Sports Medicine, Feldkirch, Austria 2002
- Orthopedic Surgery, National Specialist Register, Malaysia,2002
- Post Graduate Education
- University Malaya, Malaysia , 2002
What Does an Orthopedic Surgeon do
An orthopedic surgeon is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system. This includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves. Some common conditions that orthopedic surgeons treat include arthritis, fractures, ligament tears, dislocations, rotator cuff injuries, and osteoporosis.
Orthopedic surgeons use a variety of treatments, including medication, physical therapy, and rehabilitation exercises to manage conditions. In some cases, surgery may be necessary to repair or replace damaged bones, joints, or tissues. Orthopedic surgeons may also perform joint replacement surgery, spinal surgery, and sports medicine procedures.
The goal of an orthopedic surgeon is to help patients regain function and mobility, reduce pain, and improve their quality of life. They work closely with other healthcare professionals, such as physical therapists and primary care physicians, to provide comprehensive care for their patients.