Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
We support patients with both cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures. Our definition of cosmetic surgery versus plastic surgery is whether the procedure required is for medical or cosmetic reasons. For instance, some procedures can be both, a Rhinoplasty can improve breathing and the look of your nose. Likewise breast reduction surgery can improve your body contour and relieve neck and back pain. In other words, not only will you look amazing, but you can also enjoy the health benefits.
Cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures are constantly evolving. Most importantly it can have a positive effect on your life for many years. Above all you feel more confident when you have self-confidence. It is a fact that when you look good, you feel good. Self-confidence is an attitude that allows you to accept yourself and trust your ability.
Many procedures can now be performed minimally invasively. For instance incisions are smaller and easier to heal. Scarring may also be easier to fade. Depending on what type of surgery you had, insurance may cover it, as well as government support or superannuation (pension withdraw).
As with any surgery there can be risks and complications. Similarly there is no guarantee about the outcome of your surgery results. Therefore to achieve your goals, it is important to have realistic expectations. And to discuss the pros and cons of your options with your surgeon. To clarify having realistic expectations, is crucial for a successful outcome.
Medical Plastic Surgery
Types of Medical reasons for having plastic surgery may include the following:
- Breast cancer surgery (lumpectomy, mastectomy). For instance either part or all of the breast and possibly the lymph nodes are removed to get rid of the cancer.
- Preventative surgery (mastectomy) Sometimes, it is necessary to have the breasts removed in order to prevent breast cancer.
- Removal of non-cancer breast lumps A procedure for non-cancer breast lumps that need to be removed.
- Breast reduction. The breast size is decreased, however this can also be performed for cosmetic reasons.
Types of Cosmetic reasons for having surgery may include:
- Breast reconstruction. The most common time for this is after breast cancer surgery.
- Breast augmentation. The breast size is increased using implants.
- Mastoplexy or Breast lift - The breasts are lifted into a more desired position.
- Breast reduction. The breast size is decreased, however this may also be performed for medical reasons.
There are also many benefits to have cosmetic and medical plastic surgery, including:
- Self confidence improvement
- Psychological benefits
- A more attractive appearance
- Health benefits
How to Tell You’re Ready For Cosmetic Surgery
If you decide to go ahead and have surgery, please be sure of the following:
- You already know what you want - Be focused and specific about your goals is the key to success.
- Do your research - Ensure you understand what happens before, during, and after your procedure.
- Be honest - It's important to have clear expectations and be ready for improvement
- It's your decision - You are doing it for yourself and no one else.
- There are no financial implications. You understand all costs and have a plan in place.
- Support Network in place - Friends, family, and colleagues can help you. Rest and relaxation is a definite MUST in the days after your surgery.
- Prepare for risks - Risks can be real so it is important to be ready
- You're physically ready - Surgery is a real. Therefore, it is important to prepare your mind and body to help you heal faster.
- Cosmetic surgery can make a difference in your life - You have done all your research.
For a full recovery it is of the utmost importance to be well prepared for your cosmetic surgery. Remember not to expect immediate results. Please be patient, don’t stress and worry as the swelling will go down. Take time to rest and relax and you will look and feel better in a few months.
We are here to assist you with your journey. We recommend you make an inquiry and request a firmquote. This will ensure you receive a detailed cost breakdown of your procedure, with surgeon feedback. We do not charge you for this service. Above all our consultants are very experienced with all our partners and can answer any questions you may have.
Types of Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Procedures
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Procedures are divided into the following primary areas: